Climate change - the board game
- Ecology Day 2020
- 12.09.2020 - 16.09.2020
- Cambridge, Reino Unido
“Climate change – the board game” is a free educational resource that, while playing a game, shows the effects of natural or anthropic climatic changes on animal species. It is inspired by the research of the Evolutionary Ecology group at the University of Cambridge (http://www.eeg.zoo.cam.ac.uk/).
The idea is to let the player experience life as a medium/large mammal species in a word where climate changes unexpectedly. Every species has its DNA and collects mutations through time, allowing it to adapt to new habitats. Sometimes evolving is not an option, and the species must migrate or go extinct. It is also possible to integrate human-associated climate changes and experience how they are different from the natural ones.
- Tipo de Actividade ou Recurso | Type of Activity or Resource
- Actividade prática | Practical activity
- Público-alvo | Target audience
- Schools, students
- Instituição | Institution
- Evolutionary Ecology Group, Department of Zoology, University of Cambridge.
- Sidney Street 3