Educational resource that focuses on the interconnectivity that is characteristic of ecosystems
- Ecology Day 2020
The sustainable development committee of the Institute of Integrative and Systems Biology (IBIS) at Université Laval joined this initiative with the aim to create an educational resource that focuses on the interconnectivity that is characteristic of ecosystems.
Our objective is that, by reading these texts, readers will ask themselves about the environmental impacts of their actions from a systematic point of view, such that they can better understand the place of their actions in a global context.
Ecological concepts will be communicated with the help of specific examples. First, we will discuss the impact of biofuel usage and the pollination by bees on agriculture. Finally, we will elaborate on speciation in urban zones and the proliferation of invasive species, two phenomena that are largely caused due to human economic activities
- Tipo de Actividade ou Recurso | Type of Activity or Resource
- Texto de divulgação científica | Scientific dissemination text
- Público-alvo | Target audience
- University community
- Instituição | Institution
- Institut de Biologie Intégrative et des Systèmes (IBIS), Université Laval
- Rue de l'Université 2265
- G1V 0A7 Québec